IGGI 2018 Conference
Posted 04th September 2018
The annual IGGI conference assembles is your games research download from 50+ PhD students at York, Goldsmiths, QMUL, and Essex Universities.
The 2018 conference is held September 12-13 2018 at Queen Mary, University of London and features
- smart with rapid talks on the latest findings in game AI, analytics, procedural content generation, engagement and more
- hands-on workshops on cutting-edge techniques
- lots of demos, drinks, and socialising
The lineup includes three stellar keynotes:
- Tameem Antoniadis, Ninja Theory co-founder and creative director of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice will speak about how a small studio managed to work with researchers to create this critical and commercial success bringing more realistic depictions of mental illness to a broad audience.
- Elisa Mekler, research director of the Human-Computer Interaction group at the University of Basel, will illuminate us about the past, present, and future of emotionally resonant games.
- Sebastian Risi, Associate Professor at the IT University of Copenhagen, will give a horizon tour of bio-inspired AI for NPCs and playtesting.
A further 50 tickets have just been released. Tickets are free and available through Eventbrite.
Full event details are available on the conference website.