Prof. Anders Drachen
University of York.
Anders Drachen, PhD, (born 1976) is a Professor at the Department of Computer Science, with Digital Creativity Labs and Weavr at the University of York (UK). His work in games research is focused on user behavior, user experience and audience engagement and the application of data science, information systems modelling, business intelligence, design and Human-Computer Interaction in these domains. His research and professional work are carried out in collaboration with companies across the Creative Industries, from big publishers to indies. He is recognized as one of the most influential people in his domains of work and have authored over a hundred publications with international colleagues across industry and academia.
Having lived and worked on four different continents, Anders Drachen has had the mixed pleasure of fending off three shark attacks in Africa and Australia. He is also the youngest Dane in history to publish a cooking book – dedicated to ice cream.
- Data Science, Analytics, Machine Learning in Interactive Media
- Big Data, behavior- and social media analytics in the Creative Industries
- Data Mining and Business Informatics in the Creative Industries
- Data-Driven Storytelling and Audience Engagement
- Games User Research and User Experience in Games
- Data-Driven Design and Development
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Esports and Sports Analytics
- Behavioral/Market Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Entrepreneurship in the Creative Industries
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies